The pro-siRNA technology platform
Xiaomo possesses a revolutionary RNAi technology, called the pro-siRNA (for ‘prokaryotic siRNA’) technology, which is invented by Prof. Linfeng Huang (City University of Hong Kong), founder of Xiaomo, and Prof. Judy Lieberman (Harvard Medical School, USA) and published in top biotech journals.
The pro-siRNA technology employs bacterial cells as the ‘factory’ of siRNA and is the world’s only bioengineering method for siRNA production. Comparing to other methods, this technology offers the lowest production cost and large-scale production capacity through an environmentally friendly production process. In addition, the pro-siRNA technology offers the best-in-class high-throughput RNAi screen method.
- Guneet Kaur, Hung-chi Cheung, Wei Xu, Jun Vic Wong, For Fan Chan, Yingxue Li, Larry McReynolds, & Linfeng Huang, Milligram scale production of potent recombinant small interfering RNAs in Escherichia coli, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Sep 2018, 115(9):2280-2291.
- Linfeng Huang & Judy Lieberman, Production of highly potent recombinant siRNAs in Escherichia coli, Nature Protocols, Dec 2013, 8(12), 2325-2336.
- Linfeng Huang, Jingmin Jin, Padraig Deighan, Evgeny Kiner, Larry McReynolds, & Judy Lieberman, Efficient and specific gene knockdown by small interfering RNAs produced in bacteria, Nature Biotechnology, Apr 2013, 31, 350–356 (commented in “Renewable RNAi” of the same issue; highlighted in SciBX, Mar 2013, 6(11)).
- ‘Small-interfering RNA expression systems for production of small-interfering RNAs and their use’, Linfeng Huang, Yutian Ren, Hung-chi Cheung, & Guneet Kaur, US and PRC patent pending
- ‘Methods and compositions for the production of siRNAs’, Judy Lieberman & Linfeng Huang, US patent: 9,840,703