The pro-siRNA technology platform
Xiaomo possesses a revolutionary RNAi technology, called the pro-siRNA (for ‘prokaryotic siRNA’) technology, which is invented by Prof. Linfeng Huang (Duke Kunshan University and formerly City University of Hong Kong), founder of Xiaomo, and Prof. Judy Lieberman (Harvard Medical School, USA) and published in top biotech journals.
The pro-siRNA technology employs bacterial cells as the ‘factory’ of siRNA and is the world’s only bioengineering method for siRNA production. Comparing to other methods, this technology offers the lowest production cost and large-scale production capacity through an environmentally friendly production process. In addition, the pro-siRNA technology offers the best-in-class high-throughput RNAi screen method.
- Linfeng Huang, Jingmin Jin, Padraig Deighan, Evgeny Kiner, Larry McReynolds, & Judy Lieberman, Efficient and specific gene knockdown by small interfering RNAs produced in bacteria, Nature Biotechnology, Apr 2013, 31, 350–356 (commented in “Renewable RNAi” of the same issue; highlighted in SciBX, Mar 2013, 6(11)). link to the article
- Guneet Kaur, Hung-chi Cheung, Wei Xu, Jun Vic Wong, For Fan Chan, Yingxue Li, Larry McReynolds, & Linfeng Huang, Milligram scale production of potent recombinant small interfering RNAs in Escherichia coli, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Sep 2018, 115(9):2280-2291. link to the article
- Linfeng Huang & Judy Lieberman, Production of highly potent recombinant siRNAs in Escherichia coli, Nature Protocols, Dec 201-3, 8(12), 2325-2336. link to the article
- Yingxue Li, Wei Xu, Yutian Ren, Hung-Chi Cheung, Panpan Huang, Guneet Kaur, Chih-Jung Kuo, Sean P. McDonough, Susan L. Fubini, Stephen M. Lipkin, Xin Deng, Yung-Fu Chang*, & Linfeng Huang*, Plakoglobin and High-Mobility Group Box 1 Mediate Intestinal Epithelial Cell Apoptosis Induced by Clostridioides difficile TcdB Clostridioides difficile TcdB, mBio Aug 2022. link to the article
- Beibei Hou†, Linhui Qin†, and Linfeng Huang*, Liver cancer cells as the model for developing liver-targeted RNAi therapeutics, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Feb 2023, 644:85-94. link to the article
- Linfeng Huang*, Padraig Deighan, Jingmin Jing, Yingxue Li, Hung-chi Cheung, Elaine Lee, Shirley S. Mo, Heather Hoover, Sahar Abubucker, Nancy Finkel, Larry McReynolds, Ann Hochschild, & Judy Lieberman*, Tombusvirus p19 captures RNase III-cleaved double-stranded RNAs formed by overlapping sense and antisense transcripts in coli, mBio, Jun 2020, 11(3):e00485-20. link to the article
- ‘Small-interfering RNA expression systems for production of small-interfering RNAs and their use’, Linfeng Huang, Yutian Ren, Hung-chi Cheung, & Guneet Kaur, US patent: 11,193,124 B2
- ‘Methods and compositions for the production of siRNAs’, Judy Lieberman & Linfeng Huang, US patent: 9,840,703